Buying high heels as a guy

For discussions that don't fit into our other categories.

Moderators: Richie, Jess, minni, cumheels, Mrs.HB, redwedge, Heelexploder, german bootlover, heelbone, HighHeelFetish.org

Cuminflats

Buying high heels as a guy

Post by Cuminflats »

So I want to buy high heels but I have large feet (size 13 male) which is like a 14.5 or so in female. And I've read you should buy heels that are 1 size bigger than your foot, so I would need a size 15.5 I guess. But my question is, do I need to worry about width? Or would a size 15/16 woman's shoe fit me just fine? Sometimes I see sites give the option of buying a wide fit, but not always.
nicklovesbootshox

Re: Buying high heels as a guy

Post by nicklovesbootshox »

I wear size 14 men's, and can wear size 13 heels. It really depends on the brand of shoes, sometimes a women's 13 is really tight. I love wearing women's shoes and boots!
converselover110

Post by converselover110 »

A lot of factors play into this really.

I wear a 12, and occasionally find an 11 that fits me. It comes down to style, brand, and maybe even a few other factors. Your best bet might be knowing your Euro Size (Which for 14 I believe is a Euro 48?), as I feel those can be more consistent, but watch out, apparently the Chinese, whose brands have started popping up heavily on sites like Ebay have their own version of the Euro sizes that from what I hear have a tendency to run small.

With that said, I know that Pleaser and their brands do run a size small, so if you wear a size 15, you'll need a 16 (thankfully, they do get that big.) But it is Pleaser, which is more known for stripper shoes and the like, if you want more casual brands, I know it'll definitely be an uphill struggle as all the mainstream brands are essentially out of the question, as most cut off at 11, and some at 12 and even more rarely 13 (with these being made in smaller quantities mostly for fashion houses, apparently models have big feet compared to other women)... For other brands, it might come down to reading what other people say, or having to take a shot in the dark and hope you choose the right size.

As for width, it can be an issue. I find that it's the one thing that can cause a shoe that can fit lengthwise to simply be uncomfortable for more than a few minutes, as most of the pressure will be applied on your toes.
radared1

Post by radared1 »

Check out the web site sexy shoes, they have what you need
Toe Cleavage1

Post by Toe Cleavage1 »

With mid to high heels that are pointed toe you should buy a half size larger, the reason is the point and the fact your feet have a tendency to slide down inside the shoe as a result of gravity.
As for width it comes down to the shoe brand itself and your own feet. Generally a high end pair like Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin will be narrow, 'Next' are pretty good in terms of width but 'River Island' tend to go a little narrower and they are both brands that are parallel with regards to quality. 'New Look' can be narrow as well whilst 'Faith' are quite good.
If you are buying online I would go for a wide pair, just to see where the land lies with regards to your own feet.
I am quite fortunate in that I have ladies size 7 feet, I have just bought a pair of thigh high chunky heel pointy toe boots. They are quite tight at the toe end whereas my Primark D'Orsay heels are the same size with a pointy toe and they fit just fine. Different brands will cut their shoes and boots differently.