New user and advice needed

For discussions that don't fit into our other categories.

Moderators: Richie, Jess, minni, cumheels, Mrs.HB, redwedge, Heelexploder, german bootlover, heelbone, HighHeelFetish.org

Rocky371

New user and advice needed

Post by Rocky371 »

Hey guys. I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but it's something that's been eating me up for quite a while. But first I feel an introduction is in order: My name is James, I'm a 21 year old sociology student, and obviously I have a shoe/boot fetish (Otherwise why wouldn't I be here?). I also tend to have a turn-on for more niche footwear (Diving flippers, novelty slippers, snow boots, etc.) which makes me a little different, which is awesome.

Now for my problem which I'd like some advice for. You see, I'm currently on the dating scene, and aside from it being rather unsuccessful, I'm extremely shy to boot, even more so if I decide to let someone know about my fetish. Granted, I know it's pretty common, hence why there's so many people here, but I have no idea how to talk about this to someone, should I find a significant other.

I assume some of you guys, both men and women, have a GF/BF/spouse who is fully aware of your fetish, and I'd love to hear some advice from both sides. I have many other aspects to my personality (I'm funny, I play music, I can dance though my dance moves end at 1999, etc.) aside from my fetish, but I don't seem to have any luck. I know the main thing is to take it slow and don't force it on all at once (Especially considering the fact I'm not having regular sex until marriage), but I'm too nervous to even make mention of it.

I guess my main question here is how do I let my potential partner know that this is a fetish of mine without creeping them out or grossing them out or otherwise scaring them away? I already have enough strikes against me as it is.
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Re: New user and advice needed

Post by Wetshoe »

If you wait until she likes you enough, I feel she should accept it if you mention it casually in a way that it feels to her that you are confiding in her, rather than forcing her to do something. Once a girl likes you, she should be able to overlook a small thing like this. Sure, it's a little strange, but harmless. Nobody I have told has ever had an issue with it. In fact, you see most of them on my websites.

If she's open minded, and you give her some time, she may play along. Or maybe she won't.

I think unlikely, but if she leaves you for it, you weren't meant to be anyway.

And don't wait too long to tell her or it may seem like you were hiding something all along.
Rocky371

Post by Rocky371 »

I'm actually dating someone in another state now (Just one away from me) and she showed me a picture of herself wearing some awesome cowboy boots and she herself is really easy on the eyes (Compared to my ex, she's a model) so I kind of have been sneaking it in subtley and it's working. Forcing it isn't the way to go, so I'm going to keep it subtle until the topic comes up.
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

Thought you said you were unsuccessful. So how would you define success? Dating multiple models sending themselves photos of you in boots? :)
Rocky371

Post by Rocky371 »

Compared to my ex, she is one, and up to this point I was rather unsuccessful, but someone on a dating site liked me, we went to talking and bam, one thing led to another, and I'm easing her into this, and she seems to think it's cute in a way. :D