FORUM UPDATE

A shoejob, or heeljob, similar to a handjob, requires the involvement of a female. There are various ways a woman can be involved, whether she is wearing shoes while they are being cum on, she is jerking someone off into her shoes, licking cum off her shoes, etc. Shoe masturbation, shoe cumming or shoe fucking requiring no female involvement belongs in the Shoe Cumming Forum below.

Moderators: Only Pumps, Richie, Jess, minni, sh03s, cumheels, Mrs.HB, redwedge, Heelexploder, german bootlover, heelbone, HighHeelFetish.org, Bound&Milked, Tamaris

shoddy90

Re: FORUM UPDATE

Post by shoddy90 »

I think there was a time when you could see everything including pictures on the board without being registered. Perhaps it is a little unsatisfactory not to know that, to not even know when the board began or the name of the founding member to whom we should all be grateful.

Will the board go back to dark or stay the light colour similar to earlier times. Will Shoddy get fed up thinking about shoes and making posts, or remain despondent, empty, drained,
but still not knowing ....

these things and more on the next episode of .....

Ahhh, those halcyon, pre everywhere croc and trainer times (apologies to those members who love), to those days when the outdoors was always a source of visual stimulation, while American and probably other tv could also be relied upon for just so many varieties of shoefix, although significantly smaller .........

Happy days
Last edited by shoddy90 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ninewestfan

Post by ninewestfan »

Excellent theme! Is there a possibility searching will be fully operational?
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

mrkeyboardcommando wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:20 am
Wetshoe wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:50 pm
mrkeyboardcommando wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:02 pm Https... Pleaaaaasee.

It has been the standard for over 10 years.
It is going to be mandatory next month anyways (chrome).

I like my privacy enough to consider https basically standard.

Also, searching doesnt work anymore.

Searchterm* is broken, only returns a couple of items instead of the usual hundreds of pages.

Site is much faster though, which i thank you for!
Sure. I guess once its mandatory Ill have no choice. Curious though, for an application like this, why would anyone care if there is https since anyone can read all the posts anyway?

Yea, to speed up the forum I had to reduce the size of the database, which unfortunately meant breaking the search. Not sure if it will rebuild itself. Thought it was more important to make the forum perform better.
Https is handy for covering up communication between the server and user. So.... Im not sending my password in plaintext over the internet for example.
If you do not think its that important, why not do away with the whole registering thing?

Privacy is a very important aspect, especially in the world where this forum operates.

Not everybody thats nosey should see another persons login details and communication when they sniff a network.

You can pm me if you want to talk about https and servers in general.
Someone mentioned that https will become a necessity soon anyway, but just continuing conversation because it's kind of interesting. Let's say someone sniffs your forum password. You're obviously knowledgable. I'm sure you don't use your forum password for your bank accounts or servers. My understanding is that's what they're interested in. I haven't heard of too many jealous hacker wives :)

When I started these forums decades ago, there was no registering thing, but of course that's impossible now due to spambots. Also, Im sure people do want some privacy in here. That their posts don't show up on google searches. The registration does create a false sense of security though, since anyone interested in a person's posts here is not a bot looking for credit card numbers. It would be a person close to them. And people can register and see everything posted. Notice the rules post. Daily I get so many requests from people who want all their posts removed, it would be my full time job if I answered them all. So... bottom line... yea, when it's necessary to add https soon of course I'll have to do it. It will take up time I really can't spare. If you happen to know, it would be much appreciated if you sent me a link or quick summary and save me a bit of time. Even with the https in place, I hope people understand they shouldn't post identifying info about themselves in here if they care if their friends find out. Personally, I let my friends know my fetishes and show them my websites. That's actually led me to interesting interactions with girls. And made existing interactions much more fun. I know not everyone is like that though. Anyway, I'm happy most people seem to enjoy themselves in here without too much trouble.
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

mrkeyboardcommando wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:48 am
Wetshoe wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:18 pm
johnson90 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:45 am
Wetshoe wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:39 pm Hi All.
It was necessary to update the forum software. Please excuse the color change. To simplify the process and reduce chance of issues, I'm using default settings for now. For the first couple of days the forum may be slow. It should speed up after that. Please do let me know if anything is not working for you.
Thanks and Happy New Year All!
Wetshoe
Hey wetshoe, will it be possible in the future to change it back to black?
Yea. It would be. But then the people who like it white will make me change it back in a week :) Just kidding. Yes, I could install an option where each user could choose their color. But I plan to do something better. Hopefully start making a more modern and mobile friendly front end for the forum. One little piece at a time. So I'll devote my time to that for now.
Really apreciate the work man!
Already much better than before!
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

ninewestfan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:05 pm Excellent theme! Is there a possibility searching will be fully operational?

Unfortunately it was necessary to reduce the size of the database for the forum to keep running at a somewhat reasonable speed and without filling all the space on the server. And the search tables were a casualty of that.

I'm not sure if the search tables will rebuild themselves. I never researched how that works or why they're even needed. Perhaps there is someone else here who is more familiar with the software and could shed some light on that?

If not, hopefully future versions of this forum, whether on this software or something else will have search functionality not requiring those search tables. I assume the tables were necessary because simple database queries would be too slow. I also assume that as servers get faster, workarounds like that wont be needed.
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

We have https now :)
shoddy90

Post by shoddy90 »

Wetshoe wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:29 am When I started these forums decades ago, there was no registering thing, but of course that's impossible now due to spambots. Also, Im sure people do want some privacy in here. .............................................. Anyway, I'm happy most people seem to enjoy themselves in here without too much trouble.
Well wetshoe, missed until today so now I know who to blame............................., thanks for everything, ........................... I think!
Shod
tripleaheels

Post by tripleaheels »

Hi Wetshoe, so happy to have SSL support now, I think the only thing left is to have all URLs forced to HTTPS. You should be able to do this from the cPanel, if you have anymore questions I'd be more than happy to help.

Also for those who would like a dark theme, you can install a browser extension called 'Dark Reader' which will invert the colors.
Wetshoe
Site Admin

Post by Wetshoe »

tripleaheels wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:42 pm Hi Wetshoe, so happy to have SSL support now, I think the only thing left is to have all URLs forced to HTTPS. You should be able to do this from the cPanel, if you have anymore questions I'd be more than happy to help.

Also for those who would like a dark theme, you can install a browser extension called 'Dark Reader' which will invert the colors.
I believe we have forced https now . thanks!
pumpscummer

Post by pumpscummer »

Wetshoe wrote:
I'm not sure if the search tables will rebuild themselves. I never researched how that works or why they're even needed. Perhaps there is someone else here who is more familiar with the software and could shed some light on that?
I exactly know the pain of sql forum databases and the table growing problems ...fully functional serach is in my opinion super important to have full fun out of especially such huge forum .. this forum is a real and
unique dime in all depths of internet

I could probably fix the search problem but iI would have to create a copy offline test entvironment... with so many users it would be dangerous to play with database on living organism .. let me know wetshoe if you would be interested maybe we couldn manage it togeter ..