Best way to clean white sneakers?

Sneaker Jobs and sneaker cumming including Keds, Converse, Nikes, Vans, and all other brands of athletic shoes. Ugg Jobs Croc Jobs, Flip Flop Jobs. Now slippers too!

Moderators: Richie, Jess, minni, cumheels, Mrs.HB, redwedge, Heelexploder, german bootlover, heelbone, HighHeelFetish.org

alexcia

Best way to clean white sneakers?

Post by alexcia »

Hi,
I have some white sneakers that i wear regular.
But i was wondering whats the best way to clean the rubber side of the soles, and the top?
I like mine sneakers that i use very clean.

So can help me?
Thx
rgt

Re: Best way to clean white sneakers?

Post by rgt »

That depends on the material. Photos?
KinkyCrossDresser

Post by KinkyCrossDresser »

Take a bucket, fill it with warm water, add some liquid laundry detergent, put the sneakers in the water, and rub the dirt off with a dish brush or similar.

After washing, the drying speeds up if you fill the shoes with newspaper pages or similar thin paper.
NikeshoxmeHard

Post by NikeshoxmeHard »

Equal baking soda to dawn. Mix with water till dissolved Use brush to apply n scrub. Just cleaned my white superstars n they look new again after 3 yrs
rgt

Post by rgt »

I'm still not sure what material to expect. For canvas, I've used some bleach. Leather, well, even toothpaste is recommended sometimes. Artificial leather...?
The rubber - well I'm applying some methylated spirit (with a silk wiping cloth, it's gotta be lint-free), and it works well. Wouldn't do that too often, but still, it's a nice quick method.
Paying4College

Post by Paying4College »

Go to automotive section at wal mart.

They have this "white tire" rubber cleaner, used for the white stripes on car tires, use that.
thundercat9

Post by thundercat9 »

So. I dont wear white sneakers but my wife does it drives my nuts when she scuffs them. I clean all her shoes. Tooth brush, tooth paste, baking soda a dry towel a little bit of water. Sometimes baby wipes. Dont use Clorox wipes. They'll turn yellow. Clean right after being worn. The longer they sit with scuffs the harder it is to clean. If you let them sit in water depending where you live they'll also turn yellow. Also stay away from bleach if they're leather
thundercat9

Post by thundercat9 »

So. I dont wear white sneakers but my wife does it drives my nuts when she scuffs them. I clean all her shoes. Tooth brush, tooth paste, baking soda a dry towel a little bit of water. Sometimes baby wipes. Dont use Clorox wipes. They'll turn yellow. Clean right after being worn. The longer they sit with scuffs the harder it is to clean. If you let them sit in water depending where you live they'll also turn yellow. Also stay away from bleach if they're leather