Pics and vids trapped

Sneaker Jobs and sneaker cumming including Keds, Converse, Nikes, Vans, and all other brands of athletic shoes. Ugg Jobs Croc Jobs, Flip Flop Jobs. Now slippers too!

Moderators: Richie, Jess, minni, cumheels, Mrs.HB, redwedge, Heelexploder, german bootlover, heelbone, HighHeelFetish.org

Ten Foot Toes

Pics and vids trapped

Post by Ten Foot Toes »

I have an external hd and it powers up but the discs inside will not turn. I have 500 gigs of pics from 20 years of my fetishes and many relationships as well as candids. I wonder if they are salvageable somehow. I think it fell for the desk one day and stopped after that. Any suggestions
Net King

Re: Pics and vids trapped

Post by Net King »

The only option AFAIK would be a professional data recovery service who would charge big bucks. I assume that given the circumstances (powers up but discs do not spin) they would dismantle the unit, carefully remove the platters and install them in an equal unit. This is not a DIY job as precision work is required and it has to be done in a 'clean room'. They would then copy out the files to another unit to send to you. Depending on the content there is unfortunately the issue of embarrassment or whether possession of the images could be unlawful.
I knew a guy who similarly lost photos of great sentimental value. He was having a row with his hot tempered son and his son picked up the portable HD and threw it across the room damaging the innards.
Sometimes the HD mechanically operates OK but the MBR or file system is corrupted. There are 'do it yourself' software tools that may repair things so the HD is readable.
rgt

Post by rgt »

Maybe you can start by buying an external HDD enclosure (IDE or SATA, 2,5" or 3,5" - depends on the current type of drive), open the old case, and mount the HDD into the new one. If only the controller electronics of the case are defective, this could help.
But if it fell, the chances aren't too good...

As it is a maybe 20$ attempt, it would at least be worth trying.
Ten Foot Toes

Post by Ten Foot Toes »

Thank you guys